Thursday 13 March 2014

10 things that I need in a relationship which I'm sure you would too :)

Relationship. Many of you have been in relationships which is both beautiful and could be a pain in the ass at times. Why does one relationship be nice and flowery at the start and then starts to get ugly as it gets older? I read somewhere that we need to make love in and out daily. Well, the writer didn't mean it to be making love literally but showing the love just like how the love blossomed on the first day. However, it still falls back to what do we need in a relationship and what is to be made clear to the other half. 

The below are what I have outlined myself as something that I would need in a relationship :)

1.  A relationship in which I don't have to keep explaining myself.

- Seriously, nothing is more tiring than having to constantly explain yourself. Why a relationship which started off with understanding requires explanation after some time?
-A relationship which is based on trust is what I am searching for, where I do not have to explain everything about me.

2. A relationship which I won't be held against myself.

- Nobody is perfect. I have my strength and shortcomings which I would really appreciate if one respects it and not use the lesser side against me.
-Instead I want someone who could constantly bring out the positive part of me on the surface and make the life extra beautiful.

3. A relationship which today is not viewed based on the mistakes of yesterday

-Look around the room and point at someone who might not have a past that they regret of or do not want it to repeat. Everyone has a past that they would like to forget which obviously when they share it with someone who means to them.
-Hence,instead of maintaining a database on those mistakes, it is definitely best to just listen and practice the habit of "yesterday was over yesterday".

4. A relationship in which it isn't me who has to take the intiative all the time.

- Well, I look into this point not because I feel it applies for both men & women. Why must it always be the men asking the lady out? Or paying the bill? When a woman can fight for equality in other things, why cant she also play half a part of all the things that men used to do.
- I love to write love letter to let him know what I feel. Give him surprises now and then and make him feel special.
-Ladies, there is no rule saying that you can't surprise a man. 

5. A relationship where I can be transparent.

- See, at times we need transparency between the two in a relationship to avoid misunderstanding.
- One would not know what I have in mind if I don't voice it out directly only if I feel that it is okay to let the person know about it.

6. A relationship which I don't have to alter my likes and dislikes.

-This is one strong point that I feel is important for both the men and woman.
- As a lady who is active in sports and have lots of guy friends, I wouldn't want my partner to be controlling or stopping me from going for my weekly futsal or for dinner with my friends.
- Of course I would appreciate his opinion, however they were all there before he came into my life and during the times of courting hence why should I amend them to retain the relationship?

7. A relationship where my self-image is not scratched.

- This actually falls in the hands of the other partner. There is no need of loyalty because I personally feel that we are not obliged to anyone and need to be loyal.
- You just have to be true in the relationship.
- I do not want to be told that my partner is actually cheating behind my back when I am not aware of his doings.

8. A relationship which I'm not asked to be anyone else.

-Comparison.is.a.big.NO!
- Never compare your partner to anyone you know, anyone she knows or anyone he knows.NOBODY!
- She or he is unique in their way. 
-Whenever you feel like comparing, think of why you choose this person instead of the other.

9. A relationship in which I feel completely myself,even more than when i am with my own self.

- I had always told that a partner should be like a mirror in the relationship. 
- To reflect what we are doing and we should just be ourselves instead of being someone else that he or she wants us to be.
- Because at the end of the day, we may just blame them for what we have become not realizing that we had the option all the while,choosing was the only thing we had to do which we have chosen wrongly.
- So just be yourself from the start to reduce expectation and disappointment.

10. A relationship which I feel as though I am once again in my mother's womb.

-This sort of relationship will make me feel like a newborn every time.
- Every single thing would seem new if it is with someone who do not just depend on you for something.
- This works in a two way term, whereby you too have to contribute to this excitement.


It's just a simple thing. Love. If you do not want something to happen to you, don't do it to others..Love someone completely that you become the greatest gift in someone's life.

Love is felt not by what you are but what they can be with you.

Lotsa love, 
Shalini
xoxo


2 comments:

  1. Nice work..Keep writing your doing a good job..

    With lots of love
    Kamal

    ReplyDelete